⚠ Thanks for visiting TakeMeFishing.org. If you are interested in enjoying the outdoors and going fishing or boating, check the latest COVID-19 updates on your State Natural Resources Agency website first. We encourage you to follow CDC recommendations and official orders in your state before heading to the water.
Fall for Fishing and Boating
Fall is the ideal time to get outside and enjoy a day on the water. Consider these five reasons to get out and try fishing and boating in Autumn.
1. Ideal Conditions: Autumn provides perfect weather for people and fish. Temperatures are cooler during the day for a picnic, and water temperatures are just right that fish are active, which means a first-timer is more likely to hook their first catch.
2. Accessibility: More than 90% of Americans live within an hour driving distance of navigable water, which means a day or afternoon trip is easy and affordable. Find a place near you with the Places to Boat and Fish Map.
3. Stress Relief: Reports show that being near the water can naturally help lower anxiety, and fishing and boating are easy ways to naturally relieve stress, all the more reason to plan an adventure. In fact, a recent survey revealed 20% of Americans say relaxation and stress relief as the main reasons they appreciate fishing.
4. Conservation: More people fishing and boating means more funds for protecting, conserving and restoring our nation’s aquatic resources. This is because the funds from your fishing license and boat registration go back towards the natural places you love.
5. Health Benefits: Fishing and boating bring a wealth of health benefits. An hour of casting, an afternoon of kayaking or a fight to reel in a big fish can be great exercise for any age.
So before you miss out, get started fishing today!
You Might Also Like