Table of Contents
RBFF Promotions, Events and Influencers Reel in Participants
Through a combination of consumer promotions, events and digital content from social media influencers, RBFF is working to bring new participants to the water. Utilizing National Fishing and Boating Week (NFBW) as the kickoff of the fishing and boating season, RBFF began engaging consumers with:
- #ReelFun Fishing Events – More than 1,600 Walmart® stores across the country welcomed consumers to engage with Fishing League Worldwide (FLW) Pro Anglers and test their castings skills at events held during the first weekend of June.
- Free Fishing Days – These license-free days in states across the country are being highlighted on RBFF’s digital assets, including the Take Me Fishing website and social media channels.
- Social Media Promotions – The #FirstCatch promotion and a fun Fish Personality Quiz are helping to bring excitement to fishing, encouraging consumers to share their first catch of the day, season or lifetime and discover their inner fish personality.
- 2017 Best Family-Friendly Places to Boat and Fish – The nation’s top family fishing and boating spots are highlighted in this list, filled with celebrity, pro angler and industry recommendations. These resources deserve plenty of attention from the media and consumers alike, and this promotion has already landed spots in the Outdoor Wire and the Houston Chronicle.
- RBFF’s “School of Influencers” – These partners helped celebrate NFBW and are sharing their aquatic adventures with their followers throughout the summer:
- That Reyes Family – a passionate family who share daily vlogs “in hopes to bring more positivity, inspiration, and smiles to the world.”
- Someday I’ll Learn – This blogging family shares adventures with their four kids on their social media profiles and well-known blog.
- 7 on a Shoestring – A family of seven that brings travel content to their followers via engaging videos and blogs.
Stay tuned to the Take Me Fishing website, Facebook and Twitter feeds as we continue to share fun and engaging content, promotions and events throughout the fishing and boating season. Planning your own event? Be sure to list it on our site and utilize our Event Planning resources.
A Focus on 60 in 60 at ICAST
With positive news coming in from recent U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and Outdoor Foundation reports, 60 in 60 is off to a strong start. However, more industry support is still needed to reach our goal. At ICAST this year, RBFF and other industry representatives will be spreading the word of 60 in 60, and discussing ways for everyone in the industry to get involved.
To kick things off, RBFF and the American Sportfishing Association will give an update on the current landscape and will discuss the value of reaching the goal at the Industry Breakfast. Following that, RBFF will be co-hosting a panel discussion on What 60 in 60 Means for the Sportfishing Industry. Here, Liz Ogilvie, Chief Marketing Officer at the American Sportfishing Association and Scott Wanetka Program Director at Cabela’s Outdoor Fund will join RBFF President & CEO Frank Peterson to cover the immense positive impacts achieving 60 in 60 could have on the industry.
All companies, big and small, could see tremendous gains by increasing participation from the current 47 million to 60 million anglers per year. Attendees of this panel will learn about how the panelist organizations are currently working to increase participation, how others in the industry can help reach the 60 in 60 goal through concerted recruitment, retention and reactivation (R3) practices (and why it will be beneficial) and how RBFF’s free, comprehensive resources, like the 60 in 60 Toolkit, can assist all stakeholders. If you’re planning to attend ICAST, join RBFF, the American Sportfishing Association and Cabela’s on Thursday, July 13, 2-3pm in Room W221 D-E.
In addition to this panel discussion, RBFF staff members will be on-hand during ICAST to answer questions about 60 in 60, explore partnership opportunities and discuss how RBFF plans to increase participation in fishing and boating. If you would like to schedule a meeting with RBFF, please contact David Rodgers, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Partnership Brings Fishing & Boating Content to Hispanic Audience
RBFF is partnering with Batanga Media, a leader in digital content primarily geared toward the Hispanic audience. Through Batanga’s website, Vix.com, and their various social media channels, RBFF will deliver fishing and boating content via its Vamos A Pescar™ brand
Already, several Spanish-language blogs and a “listicle” have been published. The listicle, highlights 10 Reasons Why Latinos Might Have Fishing Super Powers. This innovative and humorous look at Hispanic fishing participation includes plenty of fun images and GIFs and has already amassed over 1,000 shares on social media.
Going beyond blogs and articles, the partnership also showcases the VamosAPescar.org™ Facebook profile alongside the content, leading to more awareness and social media followers.
Up next: a series of fun videos will promote fishing and boating participation amongst the Hispanic audience on the Batanga Media platform.