FRESHWATER FISHING TIPS
Every state across the country has freshwater lakes, reservoirs, ponds, streams and rivers. This overwhelming accessibility to fishing sites is what makes this type of fishing ideal for beginners. In fact, with just a few freshwater fishing tips and a simple tackle set up, beginner freshwater fishing can be enjoyed from a variety of locales, including from shore, boats, bridges or docks.
For beginners, learning how to freshwater fish is quite straightforward as there are several freshwater fishing tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Learn the depth of the freshwater spot you plan to fish since the various species prefer different water temperatures.
- Pay attention to time and weather patterns because environmental factors like sunlight and moon phases can affect fish activity.
- Select the best bait to attract freshwater fish. Common live bait are worms and minnows.
- Make sure your tackle matches the species you want to catch since the right freshwater fishing gear is critical to attracting the fish you’re after.
- Wash your hands to improve your chances of success because fish have a sensitive sense of smell.
Once you master these freshwater fishing basics, you’ll quickly realize there are many types of species you can catch. In fact, about 40 percent of all fish are freshwater species. Depending on the fishing spots you select, you can find bass, trout, certain species of salmon, walleye, musky, crappie, catfish, and many others.
With all the different possibilities, there’s something for everyone. What are you waiting for? Follow these freshwater fishing tips and learn how to freshwater fish today!